Tinting your windows is undoubtedly the best way to improve the energy efficiency of your home or building. If you live in Denver, chances are, you know just how uncomfortable it can get with single pane windows. Single pane glass simply does not have the power to combat the intense weather that we get in the Mile High City. Window film is the fastest and most cost-effective way to remedy issues with insulation.
But what kind of maintenance and upkeep is required afterwards? Once the installation is complete, what are the next steps? Do you need to clean the film regularly, and if so, how? Are there any special products or treatments you need to use to keep it in good condition? Here’s everything you need to know about window film maintenance, explained by our Denver team.
Continue reading »
Something every homeowner should consider is the incredibly beneficial window upgrade of window tint. The reason for this is just as it sounds–films and tints provide several benefits for homes–no matter what climate. From adding more money to your wallet each month to making your home a more comfy place to live–window film is an all-around amazing home improvement. Just look at all the incredible benefits listed below!
- UV Protection: The sun’s rays are harmful and can even be deadly to those susceptible to skin cancers. This is a good reason why sun protection window film is a good idea. It is the invisible barrier between yourself and the sun’s detrimental UV rays you need. It protects from 99.9% of the sun’s rays and even had an SPF 1000.
- Privacy: In bathrooms and kitchens privacy is a coveted thing. Because most windows face towards your neighbors. Using window film on windows that allow in the eyes of your neighbors is an affordable idea. Much more affordable than textured glass. It blocks unwanted views from coming in and keeps your home private. Plus, decorative window film lets in plenty of natural light.
- Fade Resistance: Hardwood floors, wood, and leather furniture all fade beneath UV light. So, window film, which blocks 99.9% of the UV rays that cause fading is a great way to protect the hard-won furnishings in your home you value and love: artwork, furnishing, rugs, and floors included.
- Savings on Energy Bills: Heating your home in the winter or cooling it in summer can get expensive. Each season there is a new reason for high energy bills. A way to avoid these high bills is to make your home energy-efficient. Window film readily does this by lowering solar heat gain and trapping in heated and/or cooled air. It is one of the most affordable ways to get the most energy efficiency for your home.
- More Home Comfort: Intense glare and rooms that are too hot or cold make your home less comfortable. Window tint is a quick and easy solution to each of these issues. It keeps the sun from wreaking havoc on your home because window film stops glare and evens out temperatures and allows you to utilize any room in your home any time of day.
For more information on window tinting and it’s benefits for your Denver home, contact us at Denver Window Tinting today!
Our company recently finished a successful commercial project for a local Mariott hotel in Denver. We’re honored to have had the opportunity to find the right solution for their property’s concerns. This newer hotel consisted of a lot of windows throughout their common areas. The windows were wonderful for capturing the mountain views but created serious glare issues during the middle of the day. This made these common areas unenjoyable for guests. That’s when they contacted us to find a way to make their space more functional.
The Advantages of Hotel Window Film for Denver Properties
Hotel window film was the perfect solution to their problems. Window treatments would have needed manual operation throughout the day which would’ve resulted in high labor costs. They also would’ve blocked their mountain views which wasn’t ideal at all. Window film offered a way to reduce glare without blocking their views or manual operation. This was the best solution for their problem, providing great UV protection to prevent their new floors and furniture from fading. Hotel window film kept their views optically clear while enabling guests to use these common areas at all times of the day. One of the challenges we encountered in this project was that they wanted to keep their exterior the same, so we had to find the right product that wasn’t dark enough to change the look of their property.
Work with Denver’s Preferred Hotel Window Film Experts
Denver Window Tinting is honored to be the preferred hotel window film experts serving the Denver metro area. We’ve worked with countless hotels throughout the nation in their effort to create more accommodating, comfortable spaces for their guests. We offer free on-site consultations for all of our commercial clients.
For more information regarding hotel window film for your Denver property, please contact us!
Privacy is one of our top requests here at Denver Window Tinting. Because privacy window film is affordable and gets the job the done. It is a way to get the look and function of real glass–without the high costs. On top of being affordable, window film for privacy is a fast–done in as little as an hour. In this short time, our installers can transform your Denver home’s bathroom, entryway or any other area into a private to semi-private area. Plus, privacy window film gives you most of the benefits of regular window film like energy-efficiency and UV protection. Finally, there are so many lovely patterns, textures, and colors to choose from. But which window film is best for privacy in your Denver home? Below we listed our top picks in the pattern, texture and etched category.
BEST PRIVACY WINDOW FILM PATTERN FOR YOUR DENVER HOME
We come across a ton of amazing patterns bein in the window film biz. But easily one of our favorites is the Organic Cotton pattern. It seems to go with any decor. In today’s world of modern films, you can accomplish almost any look you are trying for with this HD film. The classic criss-cross pattern that blocks out nearly any glances from the outside but still lets in a lot of natural light into your Denver home.
BEST TEXTURED WINDOW FILM FOR YOUR DENVER HOME
Textured window film for home decor works great plus it serves just as well for privacy. It is soft and lends an elegant touch to any part of your Denver home. Plus, it is much lower in price than actual textured glass but with the same power to transform. Matrix White Matte epitomizes the impact of window film on modern style and function. It gives the benefits of window film but also the look of actual textured glass.
BEST LIGHT DIFFUSING WINDOW FILM FOR PRIVACY IN YOUR DENVER HOME
When buying privacy film, you want to be sure to take advantage of one of its major benefits–it doesn’t block out natural light. This is what light-diffusing films are great at. They let the rays of the sun shine into your home, but stille give you plenty of coverage. Fine Crystal Frost is a lovely light-diffusing film and mimics the look of actual frosted glass but you will definitely know the difference when you see the price. Since window film has a significantly lower cost than real glass.
Denver Home Window Tinting For Your Privacy Window Film
While these patterns and textures are some that we love for privacy in homes here in Denver, the sky is truly the limit with decorative window film. For more information on these films or to start customizing a decorative film of your own–reach out to us today!
Can you imagine driving your car without a tinted windshield? All of the sunlight and glare would make it almost impossible to see. And you can imagine how hot it would get during the summer. Well, just like your car, your home also needs protection from the sun. Without any kind of covering or treatment on your windows, you’re likely to experience the same adverse effects at home.
It’s true that installing window film for your Denver home is one of the best ways to reduce glare and improve comfort. But does window film actually save money? Homeowners who have never had their windows tinted are usually skeptical at first. But once they see the jaw-dropping change in their energy bill, they’re glad they made the investment. Here’s how much you can expect to save with window film for your home.
Continue reading »
Homes and businesses throughout the Breckenridge area can experience heat issues during the summer months. With gorgeous, sunny weather that brings in a variety of tourists to this mountain town, keeping everyone happy and comfortable may seem like a financial burden. Luckily, energy-conserving solutions are available for residential and commercial properties. Energy-efficient window film provides a great, effective way for reducing your energy costs while keeping all building occupants satisfied.
The Benefits of Energy-Efficient Window Film for Your Breckenridge Property
Energy-efficient window film offers an affordable way to address heat gain from your property’s windows. The Department of Energy estimates that approximately 30% of all your cooling efforts go right out the window. By adding this significant layer of solar heat rejection technology, window film can effectively address this problem. Homeowners and business owners usually experience a 30% savings during the summer months along with a 10% to 15% savings during the winter months. Energy-efficient window film prevents hold/cold spots throughout your property, helping better regulate the consistency of your property’s internal temperature. With UV blocking and glare reduction qualities, window film can help save money by preventing permanent sun damage while improving comfort. A full return on investment can easily be achieved in three years or less, offering a great ROI when compared to other energy-saving solutions.
Work with Breckenridge’s Trusted Window Film Contractor
Denver Window Tinting is honored to provide extensive window film services for homes and businesses throughout the Breckenridge area. With the best selection of energy-efficient window films available, we’ve partnered with only the best window film manufacturers to provide you with premium solutions. We also offer comprehensive energy audits for those interested in learning more about their energy usage. Work with our energy experts to find the right investment for you.
For more information regarding energy-efficient window film for your property, please contact us!
Once you’ve decided that window film is a great option for your home or business, there are definite steps you should take in order to find the best investment. Doing research on what different brands have to offer can be really beneficial considering there are so many various manufacturers out there. Based on all of our residential and commercial experience, we’ve compiled some of our favorite energy-saving window film brands. Here are the best energy-efficient window film options for your Denver property:
The Best Energy-Saving Window Film Brands for Denver Homes and Businesses
- Huper Optik: With a devotion to sustainability, Huper Optik offers green solutions that can improve any home or business. They have a comprehensive line of energy efficiency films that utilize different materials and technology so that property owners can find the best option for them. From reflective metalized films to polyester-based, optically clear window film, Huper Optik has you covered.
- Vista: Known for their extensive residential window film lines, Vista provides numerous ways for homeowners to save money. With incredible options that improve your home’s comfort while lowering HVAC consumption, we love the diversity when it comes to aesthetics.
- 3M: We always like recommending 3M due to their premium energy efficiency options. From the Thinsulate series that helps properties in dual-climate weather to the Sun Control series that offers high solar rejection properties, 3M is a great investment for any homeowner or business owner.
Work with Denver’s Leading Energy-Saving Window Film Contractor
Denver Window Tinting is honored to provide leading energy efficiency solutions for Colorado homes and businesses. We offer energy audits for those looking for accurate ROIs and a better understanding of their property’s energy usage. Work with incredible contractors that can provide the best recommendations.
For more information regarding energy-efficient window film, please contact us!
In Denver, we’re all about the environment. Not only do many of us enjoy going to the mountains on a regular basis, but much of our economy depends on the natural landscape around us. Without healthy forests and natural spaces for plants and animals, many of us would be without jobs.
That’s why it’s important that we take measures to protect the environment and key animal species. By installing bird safety window film for your Denver home, you can do your part to help our city become a more environmentally friendly place.
Continue reading »
This summer is a hot one with a heatwave sweeping the nation! Here in Denver, we feel it as much as any place with temperatures in the 90s for days in a row. People are really starting to feel the heat and even with air conditioning homes are still running hot. This is because of the sun. It is relentless and penetrates deep into Denver homes heating the area around any windows up and reducing the efficacy of A/C. Solar heat gain is the main culprit behind hot and/or uneven temperatures in homes but is something that is easily controlled with window film. So when looking to beat the summer heat the solution is window film to control solar heat gain on your Denver home and has many other benefits too.
Keeping Cool This Summer With Window Film On Your Denver Home
Different window films work in different ways depending on the issue they are solving. But solar films are designed with sun control as their main function and keeping temperatures under control as a result. “Spectrally selective” films reject 90% of the sun’s infrared rays. This means your home stays significantly cooler because Infrared rays are the ones responsible for producing the heat. When you block the infrared rays with window film, the interior of your Denver home are cooler and more comfortable. Also, the load on your cooling systems is lessened, reducing costly repairs and lowering utility bills.
Additional Window Film Benefits For Denver Homes
While window film blocks infrared red rays that heat up your home, it also blocks UV rays too. In fact, most window films block up to 99.9% of UV rays which has two key benefits for Denver homeowners.
- Window film helps protect furnishings from the detrimental effects of the sun: Fading of furnishings and floors is a problem in any home, especially here in Denver where the high altitude magnifies the sun. This type of sun exposure takes its toll on your belongings: wood floors, upholstery, furniture, and artwork. When you have window film installed, which blocks the detrimental UV rays, the furnishings you value stay protected– looking better and lasting longer.
- Window film protects you and your family against skin and eye cancers: Sun exposure is strongly linked to many cancers and other diseases of the eyes and skin. So using window film is a smart way to reduce your risk of getting these illnesses. It is so powerful that the Skin Cancer Foundation recommends it as a safeguard against some cancers and other “sun-related” illnesses. This means not only will window film keep your Denver household cooler and more comfortable in the summer but healthier too!
Denver Window Tint For Home Temperature Control Window Films
Here at Denver Window Tint, we carry a huge variety of window films for controlling temperatures and blocking UV rays. Brands like 3M, Llumar, and Enerlogic are trusted brands we carry. Furthermore, we have a fantastic staff to come out to your home and review our catalog of brands with you. Contact us and get something scheduled today! And get on your way to the very best in home comfort and protection.
The Denver real estate market is been on the uprise for years now. New condominium buildings are popping up throughout the city. These high-rises are built to accommodate all the new residents we have coming in each year. With all these new structures being built, bird collisions are at an all-time high. Did you know that bird collisions into man-made structures account for about one billion bird deaths each year in the United States alone? The best way to stop these incidents from happening is with bird strike prevention window film.
The Advantages of Bird Strike Prevention Window Film for Your Denver Condo
Nothing is more jarring or startling than having a bird crash into your home’s window while you’re relaxing. Not only does this cause distress, but it usually leads to bird fatalities, glass repairs, and maintenance clean up. Bird strike prevention window film prevents this, making birds aware of your windows. The fritted patterns create a reflective property that makes windows visible to birds. In turn, this lowers bird deaths while reducing repairs and clean up. Homeowners can utilize this affordable solution for keeping their homes safe, calm, and free of bird collision distress. The subtle patterned look isn’t noticeable to the naked eye, simply creating a reflective look.
Work with Denver’s Bird Strike Prevention Window Film Specialists
Denver Window Tinting is honored to be the bird strike prevention window film specialists in the Denver metro area. Our expansive selection of residential bird strike prevention window film offers numerous options to keep your from free of this distress and high repair costs. Bird strike prevention helps promote bird conservation. Don’t this problem continue to impact your home life. Our team can provide the best recommendations.
For more information regarding bird strike prevention window film for your Denver condo, please contact us!