How to Clean Window Film
Window film can be cleaned using most household cleaners. Avoid abrasive cleaners and solutions that contain ammonia. Cleaning can be conducted as needed to remove dust by following these steps:
1. Create a solution of soapy water for cleaning. You can use a mild dish detergent or gentle soap.
2. Find a soft cloth for wiping the film. We recommend microfiber towels, but soft, high quality paper towels are okay too so long as they are not coarse.
3. Add the solution to a spray bottle or a bucket to dip the cloth in.
4. Gently wipe the solution across the window to remove dust.
5. Remove the soap using clean water or with a dry cloth. Make sure that all moisture is removed from the film and the edges of the window.
6. Repeat the process every few weeks or as needed to keep the film shiny and beautiful.
7. If desired, you can polish the film with a silicone cleaner on occasion to give it an even shinier appearance. This step is optional.
If you have questions about the process for window film cleaning and care, our Denver team will be happy to help. Simply call our office to get additional information.